Alivio’s Benefits Enrollment Center helps older adults and people with disabilities apply for core benefits through:
- Medicare Part D Extra Help/Low-Income Subsidy (LIS)
- Medicare Savings Programs
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP – formerly known as Food Stamps)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- Supplemental Security Income
Additional information and application /renewal assistance is also available for:
- Senior Health Insurance Program – making informed choices and saving money.
- Affordable Care Act / Get-Covered Illinois healthcare plans.
- Illinois’ Health Benefits for Immigrant Adults (42 – 64-year-olds)
- Illinois’ Health Benefits for Immigrant Seniors (65+)
- Illinois’ Benefits Access Program – Seniors and People with Disabilities Ride Free and discount on automobile license plates/renewals
- Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs
- Property tax relief
- Free cell phones and service
- Free or discounted internet access
- Access to no-cost or discounted healthcare services
- Local resource referrals
- Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Lunch served Monday – Friday 11:30 – 12:30 p.m.
Each of the programs has eligibility standards. Our Benefits Enrollment Counselors, who speak English, Spanish and Chinese, are ready to help you find out what you are eligible for, assist with applications, and advocate on your behalf through the process.
The National Council on Aging supports Alivio’s Benefits Enrollment Counselors with funding from the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act (MIPPA), administered through the U.S. Administration for Community Living (ACL).
The Center for Benefits Access supports a network of Benefits Enrollment Centers (BECs) around the country to help low-income people with Medicare access programs that pay for healthcare, food, and more. Using web-based tools and person-centered approaches, the BECs help low-income seniors and persons with disabilities find and enroll in all the benefits programs for which they are eligible, and create coordinated, community-wide systems of benefits access.