Adolescence marks a significant period of growth and discovery—the hallmarks of change during this unique period for the special population of patients ages 10-24. Alivio Medical Center’s Adolescent Medicine Specialist has undergone special training to better understand the needs of young patients and empower them with health information and access in their transition to adulthood. Our specialist, Dr. Rebekah Fenton, aims to provide compassionate, nonjudgmental, and culturally sensitive care for adolescents and their families.
For Alivio Medical Center patients: Dr. Fenton serves as a primary care physician for teenagers and young adults. She also sees patients from all Alivio sites as an adolescent medicine consultant through referrals from their Alivio primary care provider.
For patients OUTSIDE of Alivio Medical Center: Primary care providers can complete the below form to refer patients to Dr. Fenton for any of the concerns listed below. Once the referral is received and reviewed, Alivio will coordinate scheduling an appointment.
To learn more about Dr. Fenton and the referral process, download our flyer.
- Menstrual concerns, including heavy, painful, or irregular periods
- Birth control, including IUD and Nexplanon placements
- PrEP (Pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV)
- Sexual health testing and treatment
The above services can be provided through enrollment in the Family Planning/Title X Program to ensure patient confidentiality and service affordability.
- Anxiety, depression, and ADHD evaluation and medication management
- Acne management
- Eating disorders, including bulimia and anorexia
- Hormone therapy for transgender and gender non-conforming youth